Exchanging gifts today with Lee's mom. Shawna cannot get into the treatment facility until the 10th!!!!!!!!!!!! Big disappointment but what else is new. It's been 6 days and still sober. She is going the AA on her own without encouragement. I think she realizes that her dad and I have had it. It just is too much at our age and or age, as far as that goes. The dr. talked to us privately and said, "Number ONE, you two cannot fix this!" and "Number TWO you are angels." Lee and I looked at each other and Lee says, " I've never been called an angel before." I don't know why God has chosen us to go through this in the last six years BUT I can say it has made us a much stronger couple and our love deeper than deep. After 34 years it's just amazing how we still feel so strongly for each other. AND we're both fixers!!! so must back off on this one.
Looking forward to the beach on Christmas morning and church in SanDiego. It will be a welcome change. Blessings to ALL!!!
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment