Actually my day started off as usual. I have been under the weather but felt better and hosted the big feast. Did all the planning, buying, preparing and serving MYSELF. I set my table early and it was beautiful with nine candles. When I got up to do the last minute touches, Shawna was hallucinating in the hallway so drunk she couldn't make sense. I was totally disgusted!!!! My dinner was at 2pm and at 1pm - she had fallen asleep in the upstairs bath with the water running and FLOODED MY DINING ROOM! I was just beside myself. Quickly, swept the water off my wood floors into the atrium and then started hand drying with towels. I was able to keep it together until everyone left and just had to go to bed. (to escape) Now facing depression. It was soooo embarrassing. I have decided I WILL NOT host Christmas. It's just too much in front of family members to talk about for the next six months. This was probably my worst Thanksgiving EVER and never want to experience it again. Later. . . . . .
2 comments:
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your incredibly stressful holiday. First of all, it really sucks that you did all the work by yourself. Secondly, to have the whole drunk in the hallway, flooded bathroom thing happen is truly terrible. Big hugs to you dear friend for making it through Thursday.
That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry your holiday was ruined. I wouldn't host Christmas after that, either! Take care of yourself! (Maybe it's time to reread a book?)
Post a Comment