I'm in Prescott for the weekend and it's a bit chilly. Tonight is the Courthouse lighting and parade, awesome time. We drink hot cocoa and enjoy the festivities. We invited Mom but she couldn't make it work this year. Mom S is going with us though. Back to CC tonight. I still have angels to hang from my ceiling to help decorate my tree, gifts to wrap, etc. Shawna relapsed and was back in the hospital ARRGGHHHH!! This is the 12th time in 16 months. We did NOT go to the hospital. She is now discharged and starting over. It was simply heart breaking. I think of all the time, energy and $$$ spent and she was only sober 60 days plus a week. Sixty of it was in supervised rehab, so not sure that really counts. Lee and I have come to the conclusion that she will die young IF she doesn't get her act together. She can NOT move back home again!! We did offer her Prescott temporarily. With AZ economy she is unable to find any work at all. Here she will have shelter, food and can have her dog. That's it though!!!! We need to be enjoying our golden years not still babysitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On another note!! My Aunt Pat was diagnosed with panc/liver cancer. Very, very sad for me. She has about three weeks. Never drank or smoked. Had to understand but it God's will so we must accept it. Mom is very concerned and not sleeping. I told her, Let go, let God. That's all we can do.
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment